Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Baby Steps


It looks like I made some progress today. Fedora 10 is installed and all of the appropriate packages and drivers are up and running. I ran into a little problem when I edited the /.bash_profile for the appropriate PATH, but finally got them all sorted out.
The CUDA toolkit and SDK were also installed without a hiccup. However, when I tried to compile the source code examples that came with the SDK I got two errors:

make[1]: *** [obj/i386/release/cutil.cpp.o] Error 1

make: *** [lib/libcutil.so] Error 2

This may indicate that something did not install correctly but I'm not sure. I plan on doing some research this week before I go back on Monday to start writing some code. I thought that it may be the version of gcc that I am running but I have the default version of 4.3.2 installed which should work.
I will also be reading a very interesting text book about CUDA. This is the link to the amazon page to buy it if you are interested.


No comments:

Post a Comment