Monday, May 24, 2010

It's alive!


  Looks like everything is compiled and working! I made a very amateur mistake apparently. I got in a hurry when I was installing the CUDA toolkit and forgot to login as Super User.

  For my next task I will be going through all of the code examples that came with the CUDA SDK. I also plan on installing the NetBeans IDE using this guide I ran acros on the Nvidia forums.

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=57297

 The guide is for Ubuntu but it should be possible on Fedora.

 I also need to start thinking about setting up a VPN so I can work from home since I'm only in the lab two days a week.

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. Stephen, a common idiom on Unix systems is to *not* login as the "super user" (root) or one with root priveleges. What you can do if you need to run commands as root is to use "sudo".

    sudo my-needs-root-command

    Just so you know. ;)

    ReplyDelete